As part of a common effort to improve the security and performance of Inbenta products, we have upgraded the technology behind the Search API.
Added: The API routes for event tracking were sometimes blocked by browser ad blocker extension. This was mainly because they contained the word “tracking“ as part of the path. To avoid this, we modified the tracking routes names, replacing “tracking” with “inbtrck”. The old endpoints will continue working, but we highly recommend using the new ones.
POST /tracking/events and the
POST /federated-search endpoints of the Search API, which will be registered in the “User Information” column of the table in Dashboard > Sessions > Details.
Fixed: Some validation errors occurred in the
POST /federated-searches endpoint, but not in the
POST /federated-search endpoint. We made the validation consistent in both endpoints and also improved some error messages for better understanding.
Added: We removed the “sessionId” parameter from the
POST /tracking/session endpoint.
/tracking/events request without specifying a contentId, an internal error was reported. This is now fixed.
POST /tracking/events endpoint to allow customers to track their conversion events to calculate their own conversion rates. This was a requirement for the development of a new conversion events report in Search instances.
splitQuery parameter set to
true. This is now fixed.
federated-searches endpoints) and the attribute used is not marked for use as a filter or for sorting, an error is returned.
Fixed: Dynamic abstracts generated for each result were not generated considering the selected user type. This means that the dynamic abstract may have displayed information from an unintended user type. It is fixed now, and it only displays the content attribute value of the requested user type.
Added: We added
score as one of the options available in our API to sort contents. It allows sorting contents by the matching score returned for a given query. It can help to create custom sorting logics when different results have the same score. Find more information here.
Added: To increase the security in our system, we removed the Set-cookie header returned from the API.
Fixed: Search API must split the user query internally when it is longer than 255 characters. This was not working for all cases, causing delays in processing some user queries.
null in the
/federated-searches endpoints, the API returned a 500 error. This is now fixed.
Updated: We updated Inbenta rate-limits.
From now on, the Search API endpoints
/federated-searches responses will provide two new parameters for each result found: creationDate and modificationDate. These parameters represent the date when the content was first indexed and last modified, respectively.
/federated-searches endpoints to limit the number of results, if the splitQuery was set to true, the API could return more results than maxResults. This is no longer the case.
x-inbenta-env in API requests is set as "development", the request will point to fromsite "Internal test" in the Search App.
/federated-search in instant answers takes from 2 to 4 seconds
Fixed: Filters containing ":" were not parsing correctly. They do now.